[Bug 2472] New: Wine crashes running every exe in Mandrake 10.0
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 15:34:12 CDT 2004
Summary: Wine crashes running every exe in Mandrake 10.0
AssignedTo: wine-bugs at winehq.org
ReportedBy: pavel.reznicek at wo.cz
I'm not the only Czech user that noticed this problem.
I have the wine package distributed with Mandrake 10.0.
I use the kernel 2.4.25-2mdk.
After I had configured the conf file and tried to run wine on a brand new
installed Mandrake 10.0, I tried to type "wine --help". The help message showed
up, all OK.
But then I tried to run wine /mnt/windows/winnt/notepad.exe ... and it stopped
badly. The symptoms include:
1) After I pres Enter in the console, I get the cursor to the new line; and
that's all. Wine becomes frozen.
2) Moreover, I can type to the console and the letters appear axyctly as I type
3) But ctrl-c doesn't terminate anything.
4) Many shell instances don't react and behave the same way. I think that it
includes the instances of bash that were run by the user who tried to launch wine.
5) When I try to kill wine (something as "killall wine"), nothing happens.
6) Then, when I try to shut the system down, it hangs by stopping the xprint
service. Another user reported that his system hangs by stopping the md service.
The shutdown/reboot process then simply doesn't continue anymore.
I don't know if it can help but I must also state that the Borland Kylix
programming tool (either 2 and 3) (that is based on its own wine version) has
very similar symptoms.
I just want to help you with your GREAT task and I hope the bug I am reporting
isn't already posted.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs