[Bug 4045] Wine is not reading the DPI setting from X - and is
defaulting it to a dumb value
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 09:32:23 CST 2005
------- Additional Comments From wijn at wanadoo.nl 2005-11-12 09:32 -------
- wine uses a default of 96 dpi
- it does not use the settings from 'X'. Wine did do so some time ago, but
there are far too many broken user configurations around.
- 1600 dots on a 19 inch display is theoretically 105 dpi. On a LCD panel
that should be correct, if you are using a CRT monitor the value may be 120.
- setting the LogPixels value is not the whole story. The fonts that you are
laking about are stored HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics. Font sizes
are device units: pixels. That means those fonts will not be affected by
setting a different dpi, but the actual fontsizes must be adjusted. That is
what happens on Windows when you change the dpi in the Display Properties
- Wine does not have that yet. For the moment you can try the Display
Properties applet fom win98. "control /path/to/desk.cpl" works here enough
to modify those font settings.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs