[Bug 8270] New: DreamSeeker "soft-freezes" when an image is
(supposed to be) displayed
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Thu May 3 16:03:15 CDT 2007
Summary: DreamSeeker "soft-freezes" when an image is (supposed to
AssignedTo: wine-bugs at winehq.org
ReportedBy: datatheandroid at gmail.com
As the summary says, it "soft-freezes" (= I can't do anything with the app
anymore, but it still responds when I close it).
This happens when an image is displayed in the RichTextBox, which BYOND's "Dream
Seeker" uses sometimes. I can't turn this feature off either, so it's annoying
because I can be forcibly disconnected by joining any game that makes heavy use
of the \icon text macro (which, in BYOND's DM language, displays icons on the
FYI the "Text" button (which is activated by default as you use DreamSeeker)
uses a RichTextBox control, and that's the one malfunctioning.
Steps to reproduce this:
1. Download the BYOND suite for Windows (byond_355.exe)
2. Run byond_355.exe. It should install normally.
3. Run the file "byond.exe" which will be located in C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin
(or wherever you chose to install it) relative to WINE.
4. Create a key, or login with the Guest key (but the Guest key is limited and
you're banned from most games).
5. Get the "byond://" URL from http://games.byond.com/hub/Wizkidd0123/wiz_chat
(you may have to login to get it. You can get it via the "Join" button.
Right-click it and copy the link location.)
6. Hit "File" and "Open Location" in the BYOND Pager. Use the byond:// URL you
obtained from step 5 and click OK.
7. You should now be connected to wiz_chat, assuming the server is up (it
8. To reproduce the bug, simply type a smiley, such as ":)". With the default
settings, this produces a smiley image on the RichTextBox. Instead, you'll get
an "Internal Application Error" and it just sits there till' you shut it down.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the wine-bugs