[Bug 23036] New: Trash appears in WinUAE window when another window is dragged on top of it
wine-bugs at winehq.org
wine-bugs at winehq.org
Fri Jun 4 12:28:17 CDT 2010
Summary: Trash appears in WinUAE window when another window is
dragged on top of it
AssignedTo: wine-bugs at winehq.org
ReportedBy: markk at clara.co.uk
Older versions of the WinUAE Amiga emulator show a small problem with Direct3D
output. The problem is not present when WinUAE is set to use OpenGL output.
(The current version 2.1.0 of WinUAE does not show this problem. Graphics
handling was reworked in later versions; maybe 2.1.0 uses DirectX 9 calls vs
DirectX 8 or lower for earlier versions?)
When the emulation is paused, dragging another window over the emulation window
trashes the contents of the emulation window. This effect is only visible when
the emulation is paused; otherwise the emulation window is rewritten many times
Typical usage of WinUAE involves obtaining an Amiga ROM image file. Google for
kick12.rom if you need to...
- Download WinUAE 1.6.1 from http://www.winuae.net/. Direct URL for the
installer is http://www.winuae.net/files/InstallWinUAE1610.exe
- Run the installer.
- Start WinUAE. The settings window appears. Click ROM under Settings->Hardware
and select kick12.rom for the Main ROM file.
- Click Filter under Settings->Host and select Direct3D from the drop-down box.
- Click Start to start emulation and wait for some graphics to appear in the
emulation window. The "Workbench hand" appears on a white background.
- Press F12 to bring up the settings window. This pauses the emulation.
- Drag the settings window (or any other window) over the emulation window.
Notice how the emulation window contents are corrupted. Also notice that if you
activate another window, the emulation window contents are refreshed/redrawn.
- Click in the emulation window and press F12 (to work around Wine bug 10643).
Change the filter from Direct3D to OpenGL in the settings window then click OK
to continue the emulation.
- Press F12 again and drag the settings window over the emulation window.
Notice that this time there is no trashing/corruption.
- To quit, click in the emulation window and press F12, then click Quit.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.
More information about the wine-bugs