RegSetValueEx problem?

Gérard Patel <[email protected]> @s5.asi.fr Gérard Patel <[email protected]> at s5.asi.fr
Sun Apr 1 17:03:18 CDT 2001

At 01:59 PM 31/03/2001 +0100, you wrote:

<snip>
>Compiling and running Winemine under Windows 95 this problem doesn't occur.
>Win95 truncates the value at the first null.

Under NT4 SP6, if I write (for example) '47' + 0 + 13 bytes of garbage, I get
exactly that when querying with the same buffer length (16).
If I use a longer buffer, one binary 0 is appended.
If I use a shorter buffer, nothing is copied and the function does not succeed
(ERROR_MORE_DATA).

Of course under Regedit the garbage is not displayed; regedit displays only '47'
in this case.

Gerard