Traces: fs -> tid

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Apr 10 13:22:19 CDT 2001

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    But maybe we could ask for traces generated with +relay,+tid instead
> of just +relay.
>    Also when you're working on a specific application for which you have
> determined that threads don't play a role, then you would have the
> option of omitting the +tid to get simpler traces.

I disagree, I think the thread information is important even if you
are not chasing a thread problem, simply to tell you which calls are
part of the same sequence. It's not possible to make sense of any
relay trace if the calls made from different threads cannot be
distinguished.

If the tid really disturbs you, you can always pipe the output into a
sed 's/tid=.*//' or something similar.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com