edit control patch

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Apr 11 23:20:30 CDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Dan Engel wrote:

> This is my first attempt at submitting a patch--please someone let me know if there are "customs" I need to follow.

Not meaning to beat on you, but - if somebody else patches the same file
while you are working on it, it makes garbage of your diff.  For a
project as big and open as Wine, it is only common sense and common
courtesy that we use diff -u.  As well as + and - to show what changed,
that has also context lines so patch can have some idea if it is FI
adding lines where they belong.  Besides, Alexandre prefers it.
(From <wine>/README, which I think we should all read now and again :-)

"
If you add something, or fix a bug, please send a patch ('diff -u'
format preferred) to julliard at winehq.com or to the
release.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com
"

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20010326, junopine-2.0.2,
Juno 2.0.11, and pine-4.10
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.