Quickbooks 5 and printing

Sean A. Walberg sean at ertw.com
Fri Apr 13 11:21:33 CDT 2001

After a long break, I'd like to figure out why quickbooks 5 can't print.
wineps works, ie I can print in notepad, but QB seems to implement its own
printing mechanism.

--debugmsg +psdrv,+print,+winspool

produces no output.  Adding +font spits out a lot, but no errors that I
can see.

This all used to work until wineps was moved from graphics to a dll about
a year ago.

I can see from +dosfs that it's accessing some files (WPR.DAT/WPR.INI)
which contain information on printers.  There is also a QBWPR.DLL file
that gets loaded.

Any hints on where to start would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

--
Sean A. Walberg <sean at ertw.com>              http://www.ertw.com *updated!*
Join the weekly brainbuzz.com Linux newsletter for news and resources!
Send a blank email to: join-linuxnews at list.brainbuzz.com