problem with native dll's.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Apr 20 11:22:08 CDT 2001

Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Since the cvs commits early this week or the last (I could be more
> precise but that will take a while) I have noticed a problem with some
> native dlls.
> If I start one app that uses such a dll and then another using the
> same dll may crash. If this second app is started as the first process
> it runs fine.

Most likely my shared sections fix:

2001-04-13  Alexandre Julliard  <julliard at winehq.com>
	* server/file.c, server/mapping.c, server/object.h:
	Repaired shared PE data sections.

The fix itself should be OK, but it probably reveals other bugs that
were hidden by the fact that the sections were not shared properly
before. For instance if a dll stores window handles in the shared area
it will break since window handles are not shared yet (working on it...)

In your case it doesn't seem to be window handles though, so it may be
worth investigating a bit more.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com