problem with native dll's.

Dan Scott daniels at ca.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 13:09:15 CDT 2001

Yup, reverting your 04/13/2001 server patch enabled my no-Windows
install of Notes/Wine to start working again.

With recent CVS versions of Wine, Notes 5.0.3 was dying with:

err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for KERNEL32.dll.0() imported
from C:\windows\system\netbios.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for KERNEL32.dll.0() imported
from C:\windows\system\netbios.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x40a9bd90 wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=021f

Reverting your 04/13 server patch lets Notes run happily (and is a good
temporary means for working under Linux again, at least until the real
reason Wine was dying is found).

Anyone have any tests they want me to run in my environment to try and
track down the real cause of the problem (with the 04/13 server patch
applied)?

Dan