CS_PARENTDC with WS_CLIPSIBLINGS

Ladislav Sladecek lsla at post.cz
Thu Aug 2 16:50:42 CDT 2001

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Yes, there were a number of problems with the flags handling in
> GetDCEx. I think the behavior with the current CVS should now be
> correct in all cases; please give it a try.

Thank you for the fix. The example works fine but the original app ( 16 bit
_prowin.exe from Progress RDBMS] ceased to work at all. After the menu
is drawn, the application stops responding and complains about some
illegal string operations  and then about unknown driver ,, in GetDCA.

err:string:lstrcpyA (0x40a2e75e, (nil)): page fault occurred ! Caused by bug ?
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,, device:,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,, device:,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,, device:,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,, device:,,

I tried also --debugmsg +all; several houndreds lines of the trace are
attached. I do not know if the problem is somewhat connected with your fix or is
created by  some other patch.

Ladislav Sladecek