CoGetClassObject

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Aug 6 18:12:34 CDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Daniel Walker wrote:

> 	I had to use a separate "ikernel.tlb" to get Wine to read the type
> information.

Where did you get that .tlb file from, and could you send it to me?

> It couldn't get it from the ikernel.exe because I think
> it's encoded somehow (unicode, MultiByte??).

It doesn't look encoded, it's just different (it's most likely what is
boasted as the "Typelib 2 Format"). Win2000's stdole32.tlb also uses this
new format (it has a "SLTG" signature instead of the old "MSFT").

> 	So then in CoGetClassObject you would create and return a dummy object
> that would act like the actual interface the program is looking for.
> Then the dummy object would accept parameters, do the marshaling, and
> make the IPC request to the Local Server?

Something like that, except it's called a "proxy", not a "dummy object".