CoGetClassObject

David.Goodenough at dga.co.uk David.Goodenough at dga.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 05:33:51 CDT 2001

Curiously (on the subject of InstallSheild) I have just successfully
installed the latest (5.0.8) Lotus Notes client on a wine system (latest
tarball) and the new Lotus installer is InstallSheild based.  It ran
perfectly EXCEPT that the program would not terminate.  The Lotus installer
takes over the whole screen, and that went away, but wine never returned to
the command line.  As far as I could see there were no messages about locks
or anything.

The only error message the installer came up with was a dialog saying
"AddFolderIcon" failed.

I had also understood that there was now a facility to add programs that
would have installed themselves into the Windows startup menu into the KDE
menu structure.  I am running KDE 2.2 from CVS if it matters.  But nothing
appeared.  Had I understood wrong, or do I need to try to do some
debugging?

Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> on 08/07/2001 07:55:41 AM