CS_PARENTDC with WS_CLIPSIBLINGS

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Aug 7 19:21:28 CDT 2001

Ladislav Sladecek <lsla at post.cz> writes:

> 2) The real reason for the crash is that the application calls Escape16 with
> hdc equal to 0 and function equal to GETPRINTINGOFFSET. I do not understand
> why, they did not even start to print.  Maybe, this is an undocumented windows
> function?  After I temporarily disabled Escape16, the application began to
> work.

It's not supposed to crash even if the hdc is invalid. Do you have a
backtrace of the crash?

> 4) To fix  Escape16, the 16bit printer driver is necessary.  I need printing
> either.  I will try to work on it if you just give me a piece of advice.  I think
> that two ways are possible:
>
> A) To use the static table and to modify create_driver to work with it.
>
> B] To create a  16bit printer driver DLL similarly to the 32bit drivers.

The static table is OK, but you'll need to add a number of functions
that were done by escapes before (AbortDoc, StartDoc, etc.) And of
course there is still the GDI lock issue so I don't know if you can
actually print something even if you fix the initialisation.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com