RFC: Should we use the macros in windowsx.h to fix -DSTRICT w arni ngs?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Aug 10 16:59:35 CDT 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> This will give us all the advantages of the "macros" without any typecasts
> that could
> possibly hide a type error.
>
> What do you say?

I don't like it. I think windowsx.h should not be used at all in Wine;
it only obfuscates things by making it harder to see what's really
going on. Besides, the FORWARD_* macros are not really meant to be
used to send messages, they are meant to help receiving messages, so I
don't think we should abuse them that way.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com