printing AND memory

Richard Canada richard.canada at mrlinternational.com
Wed Aug 15 07:15:22 CDT 2001

> Richard Canada wrote:
>
>>trace:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo 'Wine PostScript Driver'
>>err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
>>printer 'Wine PostScript Driver'
>>trace:psdrv:PSDRV_CreateDC (WINEPS Wine PostScript Driver LPT1: (nil))
>>trace:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo 'Wine PostScript Driver'
>>err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
>>printer 'Wine PostScript Driver'
>>trace:psdrv:PSDRV_CreateDC (WINEPS Wine PostScript Driver LPT1: (nil))
>>fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
>>

> It looks like you haven't specified a PPD file for your printer.  The
> right method for configuring this varies, depending on how you've
> configured your printer, so I need to know how you set up your printer.
> --
> Ian Pilcher                                         ian.pilcher at home.com

This is how I have my printer set up:
(snip from my wine config file)

[afmfiles]
"file<n>" = "/usr/share/fonts/afms/adobe/pagd8a.afm"

[psdrv]
"ppdfile" = "/windows/wine/TEMP/ADOBE/HP/HP4PLUS6.PPD"

[serialports]
"Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0"
"Com2" = "/dev/ttyS1"
"Com3" = "/dev/ttyS2"
"Com4" = "/dev/modem"

[parallelports]
"Lpt1" = "/dev/lp0"

[ppdev]
;; key:  io-base of the emulated port
;; value : parport-device{,timeout}
;; timeout for auto closing an open device ( not yet implemented)
;"378" = "/dev/parport0"
;"278" = "/dev/parport1"
;"3bc" = "/dev/parport2"

[spooler]
"FILE:" = "tmp.ps"
"LPT1:" = "|lp -ddevelp -tRICHARD"
"LPT2:" = "|gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/tmp/fred -q -"
"LPT3:" = "/dev/lp3"

I have set up the win.ini file correctly, here is the file:

[devices]
Wine PostScript Driver=WINEPS,LPT1:

[windows]
device=Wine PostScript Driver,WINEPS,LPT1:

[PrinterPorts]
Wine PostScript Driver=WINEPS,LPT1:

BTW, I am using LPRng on my RedHat 7.1 box.  I have no local printers,
only network printers that I print to through a print server.  Any more
suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Richard