Does Wine's winhlp work?

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Thu Aug 16 20:28:27 CDT 2001

Is Wine's WinHelp program supposed to work? By that I mean, if I invoke
that program with a Windows help file, is it supposed to be able to
display the contents of the help file as Window's winhelp.exe would?

I ask because 1) I have a program (DeLorme's AAA MapNGo) that uses
WinHelp format documents for some of its normal operation, and 2) I have
a WinHelp format file I'd dearly like to be able to access directly from
Wine.

When I try to launch Wine's Winhelp, it brings up a window, but the
window is empty. If I go to File->Open and try to open a WinHelp file, I
get the same result. Is there some setup I'm missing?