not-yet-connected sockets?

Daniel Walker diwalker at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 16 22:56:19 CDT 2001

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Daniel Walker wrote:
> >
> >         The problem is that poll returns POLLHUP when a socket isn't connected,
> > then wine ignores the socket and it's events .. I realize this has been
> > known for a some time(since linux 2.4), but why hasn't it been fix?
> > Doesn't this effect a lot of non-blocking socket applications?
>
> Can you define the problem a bit more?  Do you mean you get a POLLHUP
> *while waiting* for connection?

	No, I mean that a socket is created using socket() then, say, ioctl()
is run on it. ioctl() then ,through the wineserver, runs sock_reselect()
then poll() returns POLLHUP in revents and the wineserver stop watching
the socket .. Since most non-blocking applications run socket() then
ioctl() I would think that several applications would be effected..

						Daniel Walker