WM_GETTEXTLENGTH change in winproc.c

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Aug 18 16:35:50 CDT 2001

Gerard Patel <gerard.patel at nerim.net> writes:

> WM_GETTEXTLENGTH, WM_GETTEXT, then DrawText with the
> length returned by WM_GETTEXTLENGTH.
> If the app had used the length returned by WM_GETTEXT, it would
> have worked all right of course - maybe that's the reason why
> the problem does not appear more often ?

For standard controls like buttons it should never be a problem since
there is both an ASCII and Unicode win proc, so in a pure ASCII app we
should never do the conversion.  I think the problem is that the
dialog code does a CreateWindowW, so the button is Unicode even though
the app does everything in ASCII. I guess we'll have to maintain both
A and W win procs inside each window, not only inside the class.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com