ReadFile and other issues

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Aug 22 14:57:08 CDT 2001

eric pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> well, the issue here is that, even in line editing mode, ReadConsole
> and ReadConsoleInput can be used. the former drops all non keyboard
> events and produces a string, whereas the later returns the available
> input records...
> so, to implement what you propose, the wineconsole would have to know
> in advance which one of the two functions will be called next:
> - in case of ReadConsole, it has to keep all incoming input records, and
> release just the string when it's done editing the line
> - in case of ReadConsoleInput, all generated input records must be
> available in the server to the calling app

OK I see what you mean. Yes this implies that we must be able to tell
the server to only return input events to the thread doing the
ReadConsole. If I get this right, it also means line editing has to be
done in ReadConsole, and that you can't see what you type when the app
is not reading. Very annoying, but I guess it's more Windows-like...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com