propably simple

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Mon Aug 27 08:27:42 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:26:01PM -0600, Ibrahim Hamouda wrote:
> I'm sorry for posting to the developers group, although I'm not one.
>
> I just have a simple question and the other news group is not helping.
>
> for three days now I'm trying to get an application connects to a MSSQL
> database on a windows box.
>
> I'm running the following:
>
> Mandrake 8.0
> wine 20010731
>
> windows 98 partition and sql server is installed on it
>
> My application is built in Powerbuilder 6.0.
>
> it comes up with the user name and password box which should be
> authenticated through the database.
>
> when I submit the user name and password I get the following error:
>

> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][TCP?IP SOCKET]General network error

Hmm, ODBC.

Wine supports the ODBC DLL, but you'll have to have a working Linux ODBC
library, too.
(--debugmsg +odbc)
And I'm not even sure this applies here at all.

Run wine --debugmsg +relay,+odbc,+text,+string MyPrg.exe &>/tmp/wine.log
and check why this error occurs.

> on the linux box I've already setup the MSSQL alias in the client
> connectivity utility of the sql server.

> I'll appreciate an answer so I can get some sleep, I'm literaly working
> on that for three days.
Sorry, slightly late. (vacation)

"Point is, nothing here is unfamiliar or unexpected.  How long does
it take before there's general recognition that Microsoft software
has no business on the Internet? - Dennis E. Powell re: Code Red