SHLWAPI pre-submit questions

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 23:46:30 CST 2001

Hiya,

Thanks for your prompt responses. Based on yourfeedback I'll:

1. Create internal functions with meaningful names and call them
   when ordinal calls are used within the DLL (A plus to this is
   that the ordinal functions can stay in ordinal.c, and
   the implementation can go into the appropriate file, eg. path.c).

2. Make shlwapi.h correspond to its windows cousin, except that:
   -Any functions exported by name get defined too, along with
   structures needed to call them (I think we should wrap these in
   "#if defined (__WINE__) || defined (SHLWAPI_UNDOC)", but that can
   wait).
   -All ordinal functions get defined in shlwapi/ordinal.h
   -Internal functions go into shlwapi/ordinal.h too.

There shouldn't be any conflicts with Guys work: my tree is so out of
date I have to adapt everything anyway, so I'll make the changes as
non-gratuitous as possible. The first patch only might be a little
large due to the header re-org.

Header patches coming first, followed by code in managable chunks.
I've been dying to get this code out in case someone nicks my laptop
or it blows up (its 7 years old, the poor thing)...

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com