UNC patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Dec 6 22:46:27 CST 2001

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> I agree with the other poster that this approach of reading /etc/mtab
> and looking for smbfs mounts is a complete kludge, but it is definitely
> the way to go for the near future.

I'm not so sure. If we depend on users having configured drives for
the smbfs mounts, we might just as well ask them to configure UNC
paths too, and avoid parsing /etc/mtab. For instance we could simply
have something like:

[Drive F]
"Path" = "/mnt/whatever"
"Server" = "foo"

and then \\foo\x would mean the same thing as f:\x.  This way you can
also fake network mounts using the local filesystem.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com