Getting Started

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Sat Dec 8 06:20:53 CST 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:31:03 +0100, Andreas Mohr
<andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:06:36PM +0100, Oliver Sampson wrote:
>> Howdy,
>> I'm trying to get started with Wine development, and I figured the
>> best way would be to CVS the code and install it.
>>
>> I CVSed the code, configured, did a 'make depend', 'make', and a 'make
>> install'.
>>
>> When I try to run wine, I get a message that libntdll.so wasn't found.
>> So I found it in /usr/lib/libntdll.so.  is there something in the
>> initial setup config that didn't work correctly?
>Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf contains the path.
>See www.winehq.com/Trouble/ for details.

I went to the modifyable FAQ and saw an entry for libntdll.so, but I
didn't see any assistance to the problem.  Is this a hint for me to
add an answer for when I get this resolved?

I checked out my /etc/ld.so.conf and /usr/lib is listed in there.
libntdll.so is in my /usr/lib, but when ever I run wine from what I've
made, I get the message that libntdll.so can't be found:

wine: error while loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot open

I tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as suggested in the other post,
but that didn't seem to help either.

Thanks,
Oliver

>> FWIW, I can rpm the wine-cvs-unstripped rpm just fine, and it works
>> well.  (The install process and the program.)
>>
>> Any ideas how to get this working from my cvs directory?
>Simply *don't* do "make install", but rather create symlinks in global dirs
>or add to PATH.
>
>Ask whenever you need help with development !
>
>Good luck !

Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com
http://www.oliversampson.com