Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Dec 13 11:41:56 CST 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> In short:
> Should the Wine project wait until you release or should it not?

That's certainly a question we have to think about, but I think there
is a deeper issue: should we continue to release under a license that
allows people to use our own code to hurt the project?

My concern is not so much about Transgaming, I trust that Gav means to
do the right thing, even if I don't entirely agree with his methods.
But I'm worried that if Transgaming succeeds, it will set a precedent
that others will follow, who may have no desire at all to do the right
thing for Wine. What will happen if 5 different dlls are improved and
released by 5 different companies under 5 different non-free licenses?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com