Adding protections in map_image

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Dec 14 12:40:25 CST 2001

Robert Baruch <autophile at starband.net> writes:

> My current idea is to go into PE_fixup_imports, unprotect the .idata
> section, do the fixups, and reprotect the section.

Imports are not necessarily contained in the .idata section. Also base
relocations can touch just about every code page, so you'd need to
unprotect everything. Probably easier to only set up the right
permissions after all imports and relocations have been done.

Also note that it is allowed for an app to write to the resource
section, even though it is marked read-only. NT sets up an exception
handler to unprotect it when necessary; this is supposed to help in
finding bugs. So you probably have to do the same thing.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com