Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Fri Dec 14 17:32:37 CST 2001

Well, it might be a bit offtopic, but circulating rumors  are that the
Lindows guys (who will release their Lindows probably next month or so) will
have a special wine version, hacked by chinese developers (and I mean tons of
hacks all the way) to make Office 2K work with wine perfectly as well as some
other apps. Again - this is a rumor (although I heard it 3 times from
different people)..

Do you think that Lindows will be thrilled to give their wine modifications
back to the wine developers? I seriously doubt that, but I'll be more then
happy to see that I'm wrong here...

BTW: their selling model is quite interesting - you buy licenses per person,
not per machines...

--
Hetz