Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Dec 14 23:24:08 CST 2001

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> There is absolutely no panic here, I've been thinking about the
> opportunity of such a change for months now, if not years. And in any
> case any change would be very gradual since it only applies to new
> code.

I am strongly in favor of switching to LGPL at some point in the next
year.  It's the Right Thing to Do, and will probably increase
my motivation to submit patches.

This is not a dig at Transgaming at all.  They are doing good
work with good intentions.  Relicensing should be done on
a timetable that makes sure Transgaming isn't suprised and
annoyed at it somehow.
- Dan