Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sat Dec 15 11:11:40 CST 2001

> > > (after all, they do follow on work that we did).
> >
> > Not according to the David Elliot and I agree.
> >

> Ah, so the summer Andreas spent here working on
> InstallShield 1-5 was of no value, and the past
> two years that Alexandre has spent reworking
> the internal process and window communications
> infrastructure of Wine had no value, and the
> three weeks that Huw spent staring at hex
> dumps implementing Type 1 Typelibs was clearly
> just some insane British stiff upper lip sort of thing.

You may perhaps not like it and David Elliot may of course
answer himself because of how the LGPL is constructed
above doesn't seem to matter.

Note that this has nothing to do with the analysis that
of the weakness och (L)GPL the I did, merely a strict reading
of the LGPL.

If you choose GPL on the other hand David seems to agree,
while I might not, but that is a different issue.

IIRC LGPL primarily concerns itself that the LGPL:ed
part of code should be able to relink itself with
the proprietary part when a new version of the LGPL:ed
part is available.

Face it doesn't provide the protection you want.