configure broken?

raddy rad2k at mail.ru
Sat Dec 15 11:44:26 CST 2001

Oliver Sampson wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:35:28 +0100, Marcus Meissner
><marcus at jet.franken.de> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:02:35PM +0100, Oliver Sampson wrote:
>>
>>>Howdy,
>>>I just tried to update my CVS version and I get the following:
>>>
>>>checking size of long long... ./configure: line 6355: syntax error
>>>near unexpected token `<<<<<'
>>>./configure: line 6355: `<<<<<<< configure'
>>>
>>>Really, all is did was type 'cvs update' :-)
>>>
>>This is just a merge conflict. Either do
>>	rm configure ; cvs update configure
>>or just:
>>	autoconf
>>if you have autoconf installed.
>>
>>Ciao, Marcus
>>

>Thanks!   How does one know that it was this type of problem, as
>opposed to another type of problem?

>Oliver Sampson
>olsam at quickaudio.com
>http://www.oliversampson.com

hey, actually whenever cvs has merge conflicts between updates it leaves
both version
differences in a file, leaving "--" lines explaining the differences,
you could modify the file
 by hand and leave the line version you mostly like, since merging
conflicts arent always
 -lethal- and they are quickly fixable.

and yep, the cvs -must- have said M conflict or either in wincvs a red M
next to a "merging
 conflict" message.

i hope this helps, reading the cvs faq in wincvs.org might give you some
hints on future cvs
 problems.

./rad