Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Dec 15 19:01:29 CST 2001

David Elliott <dfe at tgwbd.org> writes:

> The crypto part of ADVAPI32 was the example I used.  Let's say I were
> to write a CryptoAPI implementation as a set of seperate source files.
> With the LGPL I could compile all of that stuff and refer to it as a
> library.  What is a library? I would say one or more object files
> linked together form a library.  I could then take my CryptoAPI
> library, link it with the rest of Wine's ADVAPI32 and distribute a
> libadvapi32.so that could be dropped into a wine install.

If it is a completely separate library that doesn't contain portions
that are derivative work of ADVAPI32, then yes you can do that. But
you cannot for instance decide to reimplement CreateWindow and not
release it simply by putting it into a separate file, which was what
Patrik suggested; because your new CreateWindow will necessarily use
internal functions and variables of USER32, and thus would be
considered a derivative work.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com