Filename case handling

Duane Clark dclark at leewardfpga.com
Mon Dec 17 09:54:59 CST 2001

Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Duane> Thanks. That was indeed it, though the documentation on winehq
>     Duane> says "win95", so I used that instead of vfat.
>
> VFAT and WIN95 should do the same. Could you investigate a little more?

Sorry, I think the way I worded that confused everyone. I previously had
"unix" as the disk "Filesystem" (I guess I thought that was required for
ext filesystems). After reading your message, I took a look at the docs,
and they said "win95" but made no mention of "vfat". So I put win95 in
the config file, and that fixed things. Now I also tried vfat, and that
also works fine.

Of course, that still leaves "unix" filesystems being case insensitive
to 8.3 filenames but case sensitive to long filenames...

Duane