Big Bummer for running Shrinkered files!

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Dec 17 13:17:22 CST 2001

"ek sqrl" <autophile at starband.net> writes:

> With that in mind, it seems that the only thing
> it's really looking for is that signature. So one
> idea that I had is a "Shrinker fixer". When Wine
> loads an executable, it would look for this
> specific exception handling code, and then NOP
> out the checks.
>
> Is that a reasonable approach?

No; first I don't really see how you would do it reliably, and even
then it could be considered copy protection circumvention thanks to
the lovely DMCA.

But I see no reason we cannot have the code that calls the exception
handler be identical to the NT code, since it seems to be checking
only a couple of instructions.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com