Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Tue Dec 18 12:23:22 CST 2001

> Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> >
> > > Patrik,
> > >
> > > The more I read your posts, the less I understand what you
> > > are trying to say. You argued over many hundreds of lines
> > > over weird technical details and various dubious assumptions
> > > about what courts will do in the future.
> >
> > The main point is that what is legal allow is very unclear.
>
> Hogwash.  I feel the LGPL is extremely clear.  It allows
> you to dynamically link to LGPL code without worries.  Full stop.

The clearness of the LGPL in itself is a non issue. The issue in
the foundation that LGPL rests on namly the doctrine of derived
work.

> Patrik, it might be good for you to create a web page outlining
> the problems you see in the LPGL; that would give you a
> chance to explain
> them more clearly than is possible in this forum.  Do try to
> be succinct.
> I'd like to understand your point of view.

Hmm. I think I already spend to much time trying to explain my point
of view. I would rather answer questions concerning details insteed.

Perhaps I will someday, but don't hold your breath.