Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Dec 19 12:25:22 CST 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> So what you basicly saying is that a Crypto API that is a part of ADVAPI32
> can't call ADVAPI32 functions but a Crypto API in say CRYTPO32 can.
>
> Isn't that quite an absurd state to make? Or rather the perfect illustration
> of the absurdities of LGPL.

No, I think it makes perfect sense. If your code is sufficiently
independent that it can be put in a separate library, then the LGPL
gives you the right to release it under another license. But in order
to do that, you have to demonstrate that the code is really as
independent as you claim it to be; and requiring you to put it in a
separate library is the best way to ensure that.

You known, no matter how much you may disagree with the FSF or their
license, they are not a bunch of idiots. They have been through this
long before you, and have spent a lot of time (and lawyers) to make
sure that it worked as they wanted. You can certainly find minor
issues and border cases, but the LGPL is not the useless crap you seem
to think it is.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com