Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Dec 19 14:24:48 CST 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> For example:
> void CryptFoo()
> {
> 	CRYPT32_CryptFoo();
> }
>
> and release the code above under the LGPL.

That's the square root example. If you do that, you have to make sure
that the use of CRYPT32_CryptFoo is optional and that the function
still behaves properly if your CRYPT32 function is not available.

> They had a goal and I'm sure a lot of competent people did the best
> they could be accieve it.
>
> However, you can do the impossible no matter how hard you try.

Strangely there are thousands of people, including lawyers, who seem
to think that the LGPL does what it claims to do. If the problems are
so obvious, how come no one else sees them?  Could it be that maybe,
just maybe, it is because all these people are right and you are
wrong?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com