overlapped ReadFile should ignore EAGAIN

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at start.com.au
Wed Dec 19 18:47:15 CST 2001

Hi Alexandre,

Apologies, i thought explicitly about the error handling issue, and
should have made a note about why i did it that way.

Since the async handler code will handle problematic fds correctly,
rather than duplicating all the checks, i thought it would be easier
to fall thru to the existing checks in check_async_list and
FILE_ReadAsyncService. Do you think it would be better to pick up any
problems early?

Did you look at my async queues patch? Are you waiting for Martin to
respond? The async handling code is a bit of a hacked up mess the
moment... i haven't applied the fixes to WriteFile that i've applied
to ReadFile, and overlapped WaitCommEvent needs to return immediately
if events are already available. I don't want to fix those problems
twice, so i'm waiting for the big async patch...

Mike

Original message from: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com>

mailto:Mike_McCormack at start.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425