Add color cursor support

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Dec 19 20:17:22 CST 2001

Duane Clark wrote:
> > It's reasonable, but you should be doing this locally in the X image
> > before transferring it to the server; painting the pixmap in the
> > server pixel by pixel is going to be quite slow. And you may want to
> > have a look at CURSORICON_IconToCursor, it does something similar.
>
> Okay, I'll take a look at that, and do the painting locally. I did not
> really consider speed to be an issue since these are small pixmaps and
> the function is only called when a cursor is changed. On a 1G Athlon it
> appears to change instantly, but I'll take it easy on others.

I'm running wine over an ssh connection over a cable modem,
which exposes a lot of speed issues.  Font setup takes forever,
for instance, and app repaint happens partly reasonably, partly
in slow motion.  I encourage developers to test using this sort
of slow connection in addition to normal desktops.

- Dan