Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Thu Dec 20 06:58:55 CST 2001

> David Elliott <dfe at tgwbd.org> writes:
>
> > Okay, that makes a bit more sense.  Although couldn't one argue that
> > it still does work since it could fall back to the original LGPL
> > createwindow?
>
> Sure, if this is the case it's OK. You can perfectly provide a
> user32_better library that implements a new CreateWindow, and links to
> user32 for the rest. But the modified user32 you ship must work
> properly, it cannot be dependent on your proprietary user32_better for

So as an alternative trickery:
I distrubute everything just like the example above it just happends
that user32 is a symbolic link to user32_orginal. This would
be alright wouldn't it?

So now I just can distribute a script that move the
symbolic link user32 from user32_original to user32_better.

Problem solved in a way even more convienient for my end user.