Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Dec 21 08:49:30 CST 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> There are many thing that are important in the world not just one,
> so it was just a reaction of your persistance that the spirit of
> something is the only thing that matters.

I focused on the spirit to put some sense in the discussion, go get to the
point where we agree to disagree, but you don't seem to want that.

In computers we have interfaces and implementations. It's healthy to
separate the two. In our case, the interface is the spirit of the LGPL,
while the implementation is the LGPL itself.

If there are 'Gapping Holes' anywhere, they are in your arguments. You say
you agree with the interface, but you disagree violently with the
implementation. On the other hand, when I ask you for a different
implementation, you can't it can  not be done. Patrik, you can not agree
with an unimplementable interface, for crying out loud!!! You have to make
up your mind and choose!

--
Dimi.

P.S. Note however, that your claim of 'implemenetable' is shakey at
best. It has been implemented (see the LGPL), and until courts rule on it,
_it_is_implemented_, so claiming otherwise is plain silly.