Visual FoxPro 5 apps

Rick Romero Rick at valeoinc.com
Fri Dec 21 09:13:52 CST 2001

I just noticed that my Foxpro 5 post is on WWN, so I thought I'd
share the thread from the wine-users list...

Rick

On 5 Dec 2001 at 13:34, Rick Romero wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 13:22, gerard patel wrote:
> > On 05 Dec 2001 11:55:10 -0600, Rick Romero <rick at valeoinc.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip window problems>
> >
> > >Now I've tried a few different distro's, and quite a few different
> > >releases of wine (been compiling from cvs for the last couple months),
> > >so I don't think it's just me... BUT.
> >
> > Try with Wine from 01 june 2001.
> > Huge changes have caused several severe regressions
> > after this date and they are mostly unfixed.
>
> Well, I downloaded Wine-20010510, and the MDI windows work PERFECTLY.
> 	They're highlighted blue when active
> 	The scrollbars work
> 	The mouse click is released.
>
> Although overall, it doesn't work near as well..
>

> > If your app has the same glitches with Wine as of 01 june
> > 2001, its problems are not related to the general regression.
> > In this case try to do this, I'll take a look.
> > In the other case, it's unnecessary as I'm already aware of
> > these problems.
>
> If I'm not imposing too much, could you point me in the right direction?
>
> I don't know if I could come up with anything of 'acceptable patch
> quality', but I'd like to try.
>
> Is the problem in mdi.c?

If it was only a simple bug, I'll have it killed
since a long time.

I'm mostly in the dark, but I think it's
more the progressive passage to a
whole new design that has caused a
string of regressions.

Gerard
-----

Valeo, Inc. will be closed for the Holiday season starting on
December 20, 2001 through January 1, 2002 resuming
business on January 2, 2002.  We wish you a Happy
Holiday Season!
--

Rick Romero
IT Manager	Valeo, Inc.