fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at skynet.be
Tue Dec 25 05:21:11 CST 2001

> This has been discussed before, most recently on wine-users, I
> think... Are you running in managed mode? Then try this patch:
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2001/11/0126.html
>
> (Hey, Alexandre, is there a reason you haven't applied that yet, anyway?)

I applied the patch succesfuly, but it doesn't help, either in managed or
non-managed mode. The message box still pops up for a second and then
disappears.

I was wondering why message boxes are allowed to be APPLMODAL, TASKMODAL and
SYSTEMMODAL, while other dialog boxes aren't. I feel it would have been
simpler and cleaner to implement TASK/SYSTEM/APPL modality in
windows/dialog.c instead of windows/msgbox.c, as dialog.c already disables
the root ancestor of the dialog parent.

I still haven't found out how to increase the extra memory of the MSGBOX
class. Any info will be appreciated.

Laurent Pinchart