Confusing SHGetFolderPath

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 2 04:41:16 CDT 2001

>>>>> "nog" == nog  <nog at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

    nog> Hi, While I was looking through some of the wine dlls' code I found
    nog> that the function SHGetFolderPath is in the shell32 dll and the
    nog> shfolder dll. Is this ment to be like this? Because the docs that I
    nog> read says that the function is meant to be in shfolder.  Anyway are
    nog> the two functions meant to do the same thing? If so then why is the
    nog> one in shell32 implemented and working and the one on shfolder
    nog> doesn't eaven appear to give a fixme message?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/shellcc/shell/Functions/ShGetFolderPath.asp

tells that ShGetFolderPath is in shell32.lib. So we implemented it there,
and we have a Forward to shell32 in shfolder.dll

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de