Small OpenGL fix

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Jul 17 14:34:13 CDT 2001

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> In the current code, there seems to be two different mechanisms for driver
> calling :
>
>  - one that is 'GDI' specific with the 'dc->funcs->pFUNC_NAME' sort of calls
>
>  - the other for 'USER' with 'USER_Driver.pFUNC_NAME'
>
> So which one of the two methods should I use the 'WGL' that is neither in
> GDI nor in USER ?

You can't really use either. The GDI one requires calling DC_GetDCPtr
which you cannot do from outside GDI, and the USER one requires a
reference to a global variable that isn't visible outside USER.

A possible way is to use the Escape function and add a few
x11drv-specific escape codes. But first it would probably be a good
thing to check how opengl32 is implemented under Windows; I have no
idea how it works, but it probably needs some way to communicate with
the graphics driver, and we could use the same mechanism.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com