Reaktivate

Brandon Kilgore bkilgore at numa-inc.com
Wed Jul 18 14:29:26 CDT 2001

At 12:18 PM 7/18/01 -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
>Marcus Meissner wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:35:43AM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
> > >       Are the reaktivate patches going to be put in the CVS eventually?
> >
> > Some of them are, the rest probably will be.
> > Some parts can't be merged, notably the URLMON implementation, which is
> > in C++ and uses KIO for http transfers.
>
>         I just meant the patches specifically meant for wine. There's a
>director in their CVS called "Patches-For-Wine" or something like that .
>The rest of it looks useful too though.
>
>         What's the OCX stuff? I remember the current windows help uses
> and OCX
>file? Is that some kind of ActiveX related control?
>
>                                         Daniel
Yeah, an OCX is an OLE Custom Control, or an AcitveX control.  They're
often used to allow Visual Basic programs to have access to controls
written for C++, but they have many other uses.  For instance, a Visual
Basic program that wants to do standard Winsock programming can use the
Microsoft Winsock ActiveX control to have an abstract interface into
Winsock.  It's kind of like a class, that gets packaged into a file (OCX)
that gets used at run-time.  I don't know why the didn't just use a DLL
instead of an OCX...

  - Brandon