ChangeDisplaySettings

Travis Michielsen tjmichielsen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 08:05:51 CDT 2001

--- Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:
> > This patch partially implements the ChangeDisplaySettings* functions.
>
> Well, I am 100 % sure that Alexandre will reject it :-)

:-\

> If you want to do something like that, you need to implement the feature in
> the X11 driver and then call it via the 'USER_Driver.pFunctionName'
> protocol.

Hmm, I was going to try something like that, however, I had problems with that
method simply b/c of the load order between the dlls.  ChangeDisplaySettings is
implemented in user32.dll which loads BEFORE x11drv.  This makes it impossible
to initalize the function with the user32.dll.  However, with DDraw, the
x11drv.dll is loaded before the ddraw.dll!  The only way I saw to exchange info
was to initialize the function with a call from x11drv.dll.  If you can suggest
an alternative that takes load order into account I will likely use it.

> Moreover, there are already some DDraw-related mode change functions (in
> dlls/x11drv/xvidmode.c). This should be factorized between both code.

Already using so of that code, although it could probably be cleaned up a bit.
I will get to that soon.

 - Travis Michielsen