broken misc/version.c (patch 1.43 -> 1.44) WIN95 value in version16

Ladislav Sladecek lsla at post.cz
Mon Jul 30 15:35:04 CDT 2001

Two days ago a 16 bit application, which I use, started to complain about
unknown windows version. After I rgressed to 1.43 of misc/version.c, everything
was OK.

I found the problem in the GetVersionInfo value that you changed at line 75 of
the file.

My windows 95 returns 0xC0000004 in WIN32 and 0x07005F03 in WIN16.
You changed the 16bit value from 0x7005F03 to 0x7000304.
Can you please check this?  Do you have some docs?

I think that we that we are both right; the value probably depends on
longitude, altitude, and Windows language version. Mine iWindows 95 is Czech
Edition, SR2.

Regards

Ladislav Sladecek