winapi update

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Mon Jul 30 16:01:50 CDT 2001

> > In short, please apply it, they facillitates using the
> > winapi tools alot and might make more people actually
> > use them. They don't hurt anything.
>
> The problem is if we make it part of the default make install all Wine
> distributions will include these non-functional (from the user POV)
> scripts, and I don't think this is a good idea.

That is true.

> So I have applied it
> but it doesn't run by default; developers who want it should run make
> install in the tools/winapi directory.

Ah, of course. Good idea. Thanks.

This brings to mind the fact that three different kinds of "users":

1. Ordinary users
2. Wine/Winelib developers
3. Winelib application developers

that need different kinds of tools installed.

Not that I have any good solution to the problem.
And not something that really is a problem either.
Is was just something that occured to me.

Oh well. Never mind.