Stanford Checker

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Tue Jun 5 07:39:24 CDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 David.Goodenough at dga.co.uk wrote:

> On the kernel list and in Alan Cox's patches for the kernel there are a lot
> of references to some logic checking tools being generated by Stanford.  I
> do not know if these are generally available

If you've seen so many references, why have you not read the references
well enough to see that it's *not* available?

> but has anyone thought of running these against Wine?

I'm not sure if it'd do that much good. They're currently working on
checking the XFree86 tree (see the Xpert mailing list archives on
www.XFree86.org if you want), without a lot of big results yet. From what
I gather, this tool has very limited and context-dependent intelligence,
and is not conceptually very different from what a glorified version of
Patrik's tools/winapi_check script might be, if given enough people
working on it.