FYI: ControlSpy has stopped working

Gerard Patel gerard.patel at nerim.net
Sun Jun 10 06:25:30 CDT 2001

At 11:56 PM 09/06/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Using the current CVS (6/9), certain ControlSpy modules (REBAR and
>COMBOBOXEX) no longer seem to work, even with the native versions of
>COMCTL32. The internal child windows in the left pane are no longer drawn.
>Seems to have occured sometime since 6/1. I will look into it tomorrow after
>some rest. Strange.

Strange ???

After this patch :

ChangeSet ID:	991691718458116964902729
CVSROOT:	/opt/cvs-commit
Module name:	wine
Changes by:	julliard at wine2.	01/06/04 17:55:18
(...)
Log message:
	Create an X window for every window, including children.

I see a lot of problems in most of my test apps after the implementation of
this evil
scheme.

I have already sent several patches to work around some of these problems,
two have
been applied, one has been ignored so far, but even with this last Wine's
status is
beyond the usual breakage level.

Gerard